Travel Tuesday-Santa Cruz

01:26

Hi and welcome to my first ever Travel Tuesday! I am lucky enough to have visited some beautiful, interesting places and intend to visit a lot more!Over the weeks I'd like to share with you, some of the places I visited. Sometimes it may be a specific place and other times it may be a general area or city. It could be my native England or it could be somewhere far away. Anyway, hopefully you'll find it interesting!

Now, this is a funny choice for a first post because I didn't actually spend very long here and a lot of the time I did spend here was on buses, being misdirected! The bus drivers were lovely and friendly though and I got to (accidentally) see more of the town and the lovely University of California campus. When I eventually got to where I was supposed to be going-the theme park from Lost Boys; it was shut. Anyway, ignoring the bus, the shut theme park (and the freak hail storm), it was a pretty cool place. In hindsight, I wish I'd spent more time there. The town itself had really cool book shops, vintage shops, old record shops. If you happen to be going to California then I would definitely recommend it. 
Here are a couple of tips-
Take money and have space in your suitcase. I didn't and spent a long time faffing around with UPS.
Go at the weekend or in summer, when  the park is open. I can't believe I didn't check it!

Have you ever been there? Any tips or recommendations?










You Might Also Like

0 comments