Travel Tuesday-Old Town SD

02:05

Hi and welcome to my second Travel Tuesday! I am lucky enough to have visited some beautiful, interesting places and intend to visit a lot more!Over the weeks I'd like to share with you, some of the places I visited. Sometimes it may be a specific place and other times it may be a general area or city. It could be my native England or it could be somewhere far away. Anyway, hopefully you'll find it interesting!


San Diego's Old Town is the birthplace of California, where the first Europeans settled. It's such a funky place with a Mexican feel but without crossing the border. I visited not long before Dia De Los Muertos (Mexican day of the dead) so there were a lot of funky skeletons about. My favourite was this dude in the wagon. Of course it was extremely touristy with lots of souvenir shops but it was still cool and so different from anything we have here in England. I also got to see salt water taffy being made in Cousin's Candy shop which was pretty cool.
I'd have loved to have visited in the evening and seen some of the entertainment but as I was alone, it seemed safer not to. Next time!

Have you ever been there? Any tips or recommendations?









You Might Also Like

0 comments