Prickly Porkers

13:37

Ginger & Orange Hedgehogs



Hey Readers. I fancied making some more gingerbread but without brown sugar or golden syrup, I wasn't going to get very far. I had to wait in for a delivery, so a trip to the shop was out of the question...
I decided that I could try something a bit different and do a little experiment. Thankfully it paid off and now our kitchen is full of little hedgehogs. If you fancy making some yourself then have a look at my recipe below :)
(Like my funny gif?)



Biscuits- 12oz pl flour, 1tsp bicarb, 2 tsp ground ginger,1 egg, 6oz caster sugar, 4oz butter, zest of 2 oranges, juice of half an orange
Icing-butter, icing sugar, orange juice, food colouring (optional)




-Preheat oven to 190°c
-Sift dry ingredients and mix
-Add butter and crumble into breadcrumbs
-Add beaten egg and juice to mix and form dough
-Roll out and cut into shapes
-Line baking tray and cook biscuits for 10-15 minutes.
-Leave to cool.
-Mix ingredients for icing together. I didn't measure it but it's a standard buttercream icing with a splash of orange juice in it. Pretty easy.
-(I added a few sprinkles and drew eyes with an edible pen but you don't have to) EAT!

post signature

You Might Also Like

0 comments