Smokin'!

13:24

Smoked Cheese Scones

It's another lovely day so not exactly a baking day but never the less, I have been. I felt inspired by the lovely market in Frome yesterday, with all of their yummy treats. So, armed with my gorgeous smoked cheese I purchased there, I set to work on some scones. Yum! (Anyone who worked with me in the cafe knows I'm a sucker for cheese scones, so I better get cracking on some more in case these mysteriously dissapear.)

225g SR flour, salt, pepper, paprika, 55g butter, 100g cheese (my smoked cheese was really strong so I used half smoked, half regular cheddar), 100ml milk

-Preheat oven to 200c.
-Seive dry ingredients into a bowl.
 -Rub in butter.
-Mix in cheese but don't over-mix or get too hot.
-Make a well in the middle of the bowl and gradually pour in the milk.
-Form dough. Do not over work it. It will be fairly dry.
-Form into 6 balls and place on baking tray
-Egg wash (I did a milk wash but egg is better) and sprinkle a little cheese on top
-Bake for 15-20 minues
-Cool for a few minutes and then eat!

post signature

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. They look so yum, better make more for me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are scrummy! I think I have to make more!

    ReplyDelete