Veggie Meatballs

11:59

Vegetarian Meatballs
I'm not sure if it's the copious amounts of food programmes I watch or if it was something else but today I fancied making some veggie meatballs. I will admit that this is a beat of a cheat recipe because I used sausages but still...
(Apologies for the terrible photo quality!)









2 Linda Mccartney sausages (You may be able to use Quorn but I haven't tried), 1 white onion, 1 tsp chopped garlic, dried sage, dried rosemary, black pepper, 1 piece of bread (for breadcrumbs), 1 egg
-Chop the onion and fry with garlic and herbs until softened.
-Put sausages (defrosted) in a bowl and mash up.
-Add the onion mix to the bowl and combine.
-Add the breadcrumbs to the bowl and combine.
-Add the egg to the bowl and combine.
-Roll into balls and set aside. I made four but I think six would've been better sizes.
-Heat frying pan and fry for a few minutes, turning every so often to make crispy and brown.
-Place meatballs on baking tray and bake for 10-20 minutes.
-Serve with whatever you like. I had my new favourite-Courgetti Spaghetti!
Have you ever tried making vegetarian meatballs? How did they turn out?
post signature

You Might Also Like

0 comments