DIY Pinboard Makeover & Button Drawing Pins

09:56

I've been thinking about doing this project for a while; eyeing up notice boards in Hobbycraft and other shops but then Lucy had a spare one which was even better. I did have one that I'd made a few years ago, in my room but I fancied a bit of a change. Anywho, here's how I did it...

Supplies
1 notice board, 2 short screws, string, acrylic paint, piece of fabric cut to the size of the notice board, a selection of buttons & equal amount of drawing pins, scissors, Super glue or a hot glue gun (I tried another extra strong glue but it didn't stick.)

 First I screwed a couple of short screw into the back of the wood and tied a piece of string around them, knotting it in the middle. 

Secondly, I painted the wooden frame with acrylic paint and left it to dry. I did a couple coats to make sure it was covered evenly.

Next, using a rounded edged, flat tool I poked the fabric under the frame. I then trimmed the edges of fabric down and poked them under the frame to keep it all neat and tidy.



To amp up the cuteness and with the help of Lucy and her trusty glue gun, we button-ified some drawing pins.

...and here's the final result! Isn't it awesome?
Have you ever made-over a pinboard yourself?

post signature

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. So cute! May have to do this to my noticeboard :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I'm really pleased with it :)

    ReplyDelete