The Perils Of Online Dating

15:51

I've felt like writing this post a few times but was unsure how to go about it. I'm pretty sure there've been a few drafts floating around at various times. Anyway, the time felt right to do this post. I'm single and ready to mingle with the (questionable) assortment of guys on offer.
Really, I'd much prefer to meet someone face to face than online. There can be so many things that you miss or misread...
Finally, after what seems like forever, you start chatting to someone who looks scrummy, shares your tastes and sends you witty messages. Everything seems perfect until...
They had a very flattering profile picture. In reality they're not so tasty. Witty? Not so much... Looks like having the time to make the perfect response really helped. Their voice is like nails on a chalkboard and who picked that smell? Are they even wearing any or do they just naturally smell funky? Either way, this is all distracting you from your conversation about your shared love of Kings Of Leon and you're mind wonders as to whether you can sneak out of the bathroom window.

Ok, so this may be an exaggeration but I'm trying to make a point here.
As much as you have an idea in your head of who you think you like, you could be completely wrong. Online chemistry is not like real chemistry.

It's difficult. People don't 'date' here. I think it's the combination of this point in time and this being England. We're a bit more drink-chat-bang-get together nation. It's not romantic but it's true. 
If you're the kind of girl who isn't into that and doesn't just happen to know a lot of 'potential' people then it's difficult. Online dating seems more and more of a viable option.
I know I badmouth it a lot but it can work. Loads of people do it! My friend recently got married to a guy she met on a dating site. I'm not saying it can't happen...I'm just skeptical.

Despite this, I'm going in. Wish me luck!
I'll keep you informed...maybe.

post signature

You Might Also Like

0 comments